Installing Windows 8 RTM on Asus B121 Part 2
In my previous post I installed Windows 8 RTM on the Asus B121. Now I am going to continue where we left off and install any missing drivers.
Open Device Manager to see what is missing.
1. From the new Windows 8 Start Screen, click on the Desktop icon.
2. Right click on the desktop and select Personalize.
3. Click the link in the upper left named “Change desktop icons”
4. Put a check under Control Panel and click Apply and then OK.
5. Double click Control Panel
6. Click on the the Hardware and Sound link.
7. Under Devices and Printers click on Device Manager.
This is a list of the drivers that Windows is unable to find.
After connecting to my home network and configuring Windows Update these missing devices were resolved. Also note that the hardware buttons and screen rotation work great.
After the Windows Update I do see one additional missing device, as there was in the prior Windows 8 Release Preview, but installing the Asus B121 Bluetooth driver does not resolve.