Installing Windows 8 Release Preview on Asus B121 Part 2
In my previous post I installed Windows 8 Release Preview on the Asus B121. Now I am going to continue where we left off and install any missing drivers.
Open Device Manager to see what is missing.
1. From the new Windows 8 Start Screen, click on the Desktop icon.
2. Right click on the desktop and select Personalize.
3. Click the link in the upper left named “Change desktop icons”
4. Put a check under Control Panel and click Apply and then OK.
5. Double click Control Panel
6. Click on the the Hardware and Sound link.
7. Under Devices and Printers click on Device Manager.
This is a list of the drivers that Windows is unable to find.
After connecting to Windows Update this is what was left.
Missing: Bluetooth Peripheral Device
Resolve: Download the Bluetooth Driver under Utilities. Extract and Install.
Download all the Asus B121 Drivers from here.
Please note, Screen Rotation, Keyboard Button (Hardware), and the Keyboard input are still not working in Windows 8 Release Preview.
In Part 3 I will go over configuring the Volume button.
A recent Windows Update enabled the Hardware Buttons and Enabled the Screen Rotation. AWESOME!!!