Installing Windows 8 CP on Asus B121 Part 2
In my previous post I installed Windows 8 Consumer Preview on the Asus B121. Now I am going to continue where we left off and install any missing drivers.
Open Device Manager to see what is missing.
1. From the new Windows 8 Start Screen, click on the Desktop icon.
2. Right click on the desktop and select Personalize.
3. Click the link in the upper left named “Change desktop icons”
4. Put a check under Control Panel and click Apply and then OK.
5. Double click Control Panel
6. Click on the the Hardware and Sound link.
7. Under Devices and Printers click on Device Manager.
This is a list of the drivers that Windows is unable to find.
Download all the Asus B121 Drivers from here.
Missing: Bluetooth Peripheral Device
Resolve: Download the Bluetooth Driver under Utilities. Extract and Install.
Missing: PCI Simple Communications Controller
Resolve: Connect to Windows Updates and install additional hardware. You should see two main hardware updates. This resolves your missing hardware.
Screen Rotation is still not working.
The Keyboard Button (Hardware)
The Keyboard input
In Part 3 I will go over configuring the Volume button.