Installing Windows 8 CP on Samsung Series 7 Slate Part 1
In a continuation of installing Windows 8 Consumer Preview on the different Tablet/Slates this is a step by step install process of installing Windows 8 Consumer Preview on Samsung Series 7 Slate.
1. Download the Windows 8 Consumer Preview 64-bit here (3.3GB)
*Note: Be sure to grab the Product Key from the download page. Key is required for installation.
2. Create a bootable USB Stick. Download Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool here. This allows you to create a bootable USB stick with the downloaded iso file. This makes the process so easy. Click, click, walk away and boom, you have a bootable Windows 8 USB drive. I used a 8 GB USB stick that you can get for $10 at Walmart. Note: A 4 GB will work for both 32-bit and 64-bit. See full post here.
Run Windows Image Backup and take a backup of your Windows 7 system so you can restore back if you want.
1. Plug USB stick into Slate and start. Click the Front Windows button and the Power Button at the same time.
Note: I am also using a USB hub so I can run USB Mouse, Keyboard, and USB Stick.
2. Go through the usual installation options. I selected fresh Install (not an upgrade). I also left the 21 GB Recovery Partition in tact as well as the 100 MB System partition. Is it necessary, I don’t believe so since I took a full Windows Image Backup before starting.
3. Once complete this is the lock screen. Love the blue…
This is the main screen.
In my next post I will go through getting drivers installed and configured.