Installing Windows 8 CP on Samsung Series 7 Slate Part 2
In my previous post we installed Windows 8 Consumer Preview on the Samsung Series 7 Slate. Now we are going to continue where we left off and install any missing drivers.
Now let’s look at is the Device Manager to see what drivers we are missing.
1. From the new Windows 8 Start Screen, click on the Desktop icon.
2. Right click on the desktop and select Personalize.
3. Click the link in the upper left named “Change desktop icons”
4. Put a check under Control Panel and click Apply and then OK.
5. Double click Control Panel
6. Click on the the Hardware and Sound link.
7. Under Devices and Printers click on Device Manager.
This is a list of the drivers that Windows is unable to find.
I am assuming that you configured wireless to your home network. Run Windows Updates and get the latest Windows 8 CP updates. As of 03/17/2012 these are the the specific Windows 8 CP Updates (8).
OTHER (MISSING) DEVICES:
1. Windows Update will resolve PCI Simple Communications Controller.
2. Download and Install the following Chipset driver from Samsung site here.
Click on “Manuals & Downloads” (Located 1/4 the way down the page)
Click on Driver link
Select Chipset (Driver) (ver.22.214.171.1249)
Download, unzip, and install.
NOTE: Please note that the “Unknown device” is the rotation driver which there currently is not a driver that works on the device.
On Monday (3/26) Samsung released W8 drivers for their Series 7 Slate for the Touch Screen Sensor and the Rotation Sensor drivers on their site. Check out their great Windows 8 Customer Preview page here.