Installing Windows 8 CP on Asus EP121 Part 1
I love trying new things and I especially love being a geek and trying out new operating systems. I have thrown Windows 8 Developers Preview on an HP TC1100, HP Slate 500, Dell Latitude ST, and now my Asus EP121 and now trying out the new Consumer Preview.
1. Download the Windows 8 Consumer Preview 64-bit here (3.3GB)
*Note: Be sure to grab the Product Key from the download page. Key is required for installation.
2. Create a bootable USB Stick. Download Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool here. This allows you to create a bootable USB stick with the downloaded iso file. This makes the process so easy. Click, click, walk away and boom, you have a bootable Windows 8 USB drive. I used a 8 GB USB stick that you can get for $10 at Walmart. Note: A 4 GB will work for both 32-bit and 64-bit.
1. Run Windows Image Backup and take a backup of your Windows 7 system so you can restore back if you want.
1. Plug USB into Slate and start. The Slate will automatically recognize the USB stick and boot from it. No need to get into BIOS. I am also using a USB hub so I can run USB Mouse, Keyboard, and USB Stick.
2. Go through the usual installation options. I selected fresh Install (not an upgrade).
3. Once complete this is the lock screen. Love the blue…
This is the main screen.
In my next post I will go through getting drivers installed and configured.
Update: I no longer have the EP121. Traded up for a Samsung Series 7 Slate.