My favorite things for the Tablet PC (PDF Annotator)
I have an older HP Tablet PC (TC1100) and over the years I have come across some great Tablet applications. Over the next couple of weeks I am going to share some of my favorite ones. In this series of my favorite things for the Tablet PC I am starting with PDF Annotator by Grahl Software Design.
PDF Annotator lets you open PDF files and mark them up with notes, pictures, etc. This especially rocks on a Tablet PC with inking capabilities. However it is not just for Tablets, it does work well with desktops.
My top 5 list of what I like about PDF Annotator
1. Mark up PDF file and send to another user who can open with Adobe Reader and see your markups.
2. Installs a PDF Annotator Virtual Printer that allows you to print any file and makes the document open in PDF Annotator as a PDF file.
3. Can remove all annotations in a single client to restore to the original document.
4. Multitude of editing tools.
5. Can create blank PDF files or add blank pages into existing documents.
Below is a page from the read me document that I have marked up.
The price for a single license is $69.95 along with a $29.95 mtce/upgrade fee that includes technical support. The file download is just over 20 MB and they are pretty good with several updates a year. They are currently on version 220.127.116.114, go download a 30 day trial version today and tell me what you think.
Next up Microsoft OneNote 2010.